Morning and Afternoon...plus Snacks!
"I love breakfast but I also love to sleep so when I'm in a rush I'll grab a banana. If I don't have anywhere to be I'll make eggs."
- EGGS! 2 eggs over easy (in PA we call them dippy eggs) with 2 pieces of toasted Pepperidge® Farm Oatmeal bread and a tablespoon of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter®.
- SCRAMBLED EGGS W/VEGGIES! Scramble 3 eggs w/ a little lowfat milk and add all your favorite vegetables. I love scallions and peppers!
- ENGLISH MUFFIN TOPPED W/EGG SALAD! Place homemade egg salad on a toasted Thomas Light English Muffin. DEVILED EGG EGG SALAD RECIPE
- OATMEAL! I use your basic Quaker®Oats mixed with a little non-fat milk, sugar substitute and fresh fruit.
- YOGURT! I love Yoplait® Light & Fit Vanilla greek yogurt!
"If I only have a banana in the morning I'll have my egg breakfast for lunch! Otherwise a BLT or flatbread pizza and bowl of soup is my favorite!"
- BLT! 2 pieces of Pepperidge® Farm Oatmeal Bread, 3 pieces of precooked bacon, 1 tablespoon of Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
- FLATBREAD! I love pizza but don't have a ton of time so in the toaster oven I bake a simple Flatout® topped with ricotta cheese, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- SOUP! Butternut Squash Soup is my favorite and simple to make. I buy frozen diced butternut squash and 1 carton of vegetable broth. I combine this in a pot and bring it to a boil. Use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Spices can be added. I like salt and pepper but you could also add nutmeg.
"I love to snack but it's important for me to plan out my snacks and make them as convenient as possible."
- FRUIT! I love all kinds of fruit. My favorites- grapes, apple slices, bananas, mango, and kiwi!
- RICE CHIPS! Quaker Rice Crisps, Sea Salt & Lime are the BEST! If you like Lime Doritos, you love this low-calroes alternative. .
- POPCORN! Not just for the movies. I make popcorn at least once a week and use all types of popcorn seasoning to change it up.
- HARD BOILED EGGS! I buy the eggs already hard boiled to make this snack even more convenient. I still have yet to master the fine art of boiling eggs myself.