What I Eat in a Typical Day
"I love breakfast but I also love to sleep so when I'm in a rush I'll grab a banana. If I don't have anywhere to be I'll make eggs."
- EGGS! 2 eggs over easy (in PA we call them dippy eggs) with 2 pieces of toasted Pepperidge® Farm Oatmeal bread and a tablespoon of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter®.
- SCRAMBLED EGGS W/VEGGIES! Scramble 3 eggs w/ a little lowfat milk and add all your favorite vegetables. I love scallions and peppers!
- OATMEAL! I use your basic Quaker®Oats mixed with a little non-fat milk, sugar substitute and fresh fruit.
- YOGURT! I love Yoplait® Light & Fit Vanilla greek yogurt!
"If I only have a banana in the morning I'll have my egg breakfast for lunch! Otherwise a BLT or flatbread pizza and bowl of soup is my favorite!"
- BLT! 2 pieces of Pepperidge® Farm Oatmeal Bread, 3 pieces of precooked bacon, 1 tablespoon of Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
- FLATBREAD! I love pizza but don't have a ton of time so in the toaster oven I bake a simple Flatout® topped with ricotta cheese, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- SOUP! Butternut Squash Soup is my favorite soup and simple to make. I buy frozen diced butternut squash and 1 carton of vegetable broth. I combine this in a pot and bring it to a boil. Use an immersion blender to blend ingredients. Spices can be added. I like salt and pepper but you could also add nutmeg.
"I'm not a chef but I can use a CrockPot! There's nothing like combining a few ingredients and turning a dial, but having the house smells like you've been cooking all day!"
- SALSA CHICKEN! This is super easy and so yummy. Place 4 boneless chicken breasts in your CrockPot. Pour a 16oz jar of salsa over top of the chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I use the chicken for tacos or on its own with a side of rice.
- TURKEY BURGER! Jennie-O® makes a turkey burger that my hubby grills to perfection. I use an Arnold® Sandwich Thin to replace a higher calorie hamburger roll and top my burger with lettuce, tomato and onion. I typically substitute a baked or sweet potato for fries.
- EGGS FOR DINNER! Scroll back up to my breakfast ideas and I'd happily eat scrambled eggs or eggs over easy for dinner! YUMMO!
"I love to snack but it's important for me to plan out my snacks and make them as convenient as possible."
- FRUIT! I love all kinds of fruit. My favorites- grapes, apple slices, bananas, mango, and kiwi!
- RICE CHIPS! Quaker® Rice Crisps, Sea Salt & Lime are the BEST! If you like Lime Doritos®, you love this low-calroes alternative. .
- POPCORN! Not just for the movies. I make popcorn at least once a week and use all types of popcorn seasoning to change it up.
- HARD BOILED EGGS! I buy the eggs already hard boiled to make this snack even more convenient. I still have yet to master the fine art of boiling eggs myself.